Westside High School Hosts Cabaret

Westside plans to showcase their choir students’ talents with the annual performances of Cabaret on Sunday, Nov. 5. The theme is “Make Your Own Kind of Music

The two performances consist of each of the Westside Choirs. This includes Warrior Choir, Concert Choir, and Freshman Choir. All of the show choirs as well as chosen soloists will also be participating.

This event cannot happen without the talents of many parent volunteers. Susan McIntyre is one of the main chairs of the event.

“This event is one of the biggest fundraisers for the Vocal Music Program at Westside,” McIntyre said. “I’m hoping that ticket sales will sell out like last year and that the event raises a lot of money for our program.”

McIntyre also hopes that the event will showcase the students’ talents.

“Not only do I hope that this event raises money for the program, but I also hope that it showcases what an amazing and talented group of students that Westside has,” McIntyre said.

Sophomore Fiona Tobin is in The Amazing Technicolor Show Choir (ATSC) as well as performing a duet for Cabaret. 

“I am most excited to sing my duet with my partner,” Tobin said. “I hope ATSC accomplishes all of the goals we have been working on and has a successful performance.” 

All in all, Westside’s performances of Cabaret offer a sneak-peak of what the choirs and show choirs have been working on throughout this school year. 

“Cabaret is not only for your friends and family,” McIntyre said. “This is an opportunity to get the whole community involved and with their support, Cabaret can truly become something special this year.”