Three restaurants serve up unique burgers

Sickies, Charred and Cheeseburgers are restaurants that have a unique take on how to serve a burger. 

Sickies is rated 3.7 on Yelp and has locations in West Omaha and Bellevue. The menu is what causes this place to stand out. Sickies has a Supercharged burger menu that includes options like the macaroni & cheese burger, jalapeno peanut butter burger, and the glazed doughnut burger. All of these burgers bring a unique flavor that is difficult to find anywhere else. 

The menu explains each supercharged burger very well while describing the flavors. They also have their signature Kobe burgers that have more tame flavors but are just as good. 

Sickies’ interior is lively with lots of road signs and wood details along the walls. This appearance is unique, a word that matches the menu they serve. 

Sickies also offers T-shirts, hats and other accessories at the front of the restaurant. The restaurant has a lot of seating options that include the bar seating. The wait at Sickies is usually not too long and the service is great, with friendly staff that are always helping and listening to requests regarding the food.

The food itself is memorable no matter the burger you get and the side options are endless when ordering. They have cheese curds, fries, mac and cheese and more. The burgers are large and very filling. All of their burgers are satisfying in quality, texture, and flavor, 

Charred Burger and Bar is rated 4.2 on Yelp and is located on Sterling Ridge Drive. Charred is a charming restaurant with a smaller burger menu that packs in lots of flavors. Some of their more popular items are the French Dip burger and the Bacon and Beer Cheese burger. The pricing on their menu is affordable for the quality of food that they serve, with their most expensive burger being $11. 

The interior of Charred has a farmhouse appearance that translates into their plating. The drinks come in mason jars and the small metal trays they are served on follow the farmhouse appearance. The place has great seating for large groups of people with plenty of indoor options. 

Charred has a very welcoming staff that’s always bubbly and friendly to customers. The staff is great at noticing a drink that may need to be refilled and coming over to check on the meal. The service is quick and they have an average wait time. 

The ingredients that Charred uses, such as vegetables or the fruits they use in their lemonade, taste very fresh. They also use Wagyu beef for all of their burgers. Wagyu is a beef that is found in Japan and is known to be higher quality.

Cheeseburgers is rated 4.1 on Yelp and has locations in Blackstone and Regency. Cheeseburgers has a menu of classic burgers such as their Nation burger or the Benny burger. Both include classic burger toppings such as american cheese, shredded lettuce, and mustard. Onions and pickles are also included on these burgers and these toppings are on most burgers at Cheeseburgers. They also have some unique burgers like the Hang Loose burger and the jalapeno and cream cheese burger. 

Cheeseburgers is a smaller location with an urban interior. When walking in, there is music playing and lots of posters on the walls of bands and unique artwork. Ordering is done up front upon entering and the staff is welcoming and personable. They do a good job of helping customers navigate their choices and make the experience easy. 

There is a build-your-own burger option at Cheeseburgers with plenty of add-on options such as fried pickle chips and a fried egg. The burgers they serve are Smashburgers which are a thinner burger patty that is smashed while cooked. that complement all of the toppings. They also include a variety of side options that are served fresh with seasoning. All together, the food makes for a very classic Smash burger.

All three of the restaurants have standout menus and services that deliver a satisfying burger.