Beau Ryan commits to University of South Dakota

CeCe Gerard
Ryan celebrates with teammates after the state championship win.

Senior linebacker Beau Ryan has recently committed to the University of South Dakota. Ryan, who was a part of the back to back state championship team will continue to play outside linebacker for the Coyotes. 

Ryan’s interest in playing football started in fourth grade playing for the junior warriors football team alongside his peers who he played with for his senior season. 

“Growing up I started playing tackle in fourth grade, I play with all the same guys I do today and it’s just awesome,” Ryan said. 

Over the years of playing Ryan kept getting better and continued to grow as a player on and off the field. 

“Just growing up with that and just becoming a better player myself,” Ryan said. “I’d say just like, just winning I’d say that gets like us involved that gets like them involved just to see like a winning program. And also, I don’t know just hard work I’d say just keep working.”

After this season, Ryan was nervous about if he was going to be able to compete again and being able to commit cleared all of that up. 

“I’m just most looking forward to continuing to compete. That’s the one thing that I was really scared about,” Ryan said. “After football, like what I was going to do, but now that I know that I can keep competing.” 

A big thing for Ryan is to try to keep getting better each day on the turf and in the classrooms. 

“I’d say just for one elevate, just get better every single day. Number two, I’d have to say just working on my mindset too, because I feel like a lot of college athletes struggle with that too. So I’d say that and then just get the best grades possible. So it doesn’t affect me,” Ryan said. 

With such a successful season Ryan’s word of advice for the next future warriors that will play on Phelps Field is to listen and follow the culture of the team. 

I’d say for one just listen to your coaches,” Ryan said. “My coaches, they made me the man I am today and it just works like.”