Vic Firth offers wide variety of drumsticks

flickr

Vic Firth drumsticks are a very popular brand of sticks used by famous drummers around the world. This brand is very respected and has plenty of options for a variety of drumming needs. These sticks are great for an acoustic set, an electronic set, and even your own practice pad. These sticks are made out of Hickory wood and have a very good sound quality. But how do different types of tips affect the quality of your drumming? 

Vic Firth offers a variety of drum tips for the highest quality practice. The tips of your sticks affect the sound and technique of your drumming. Some sticks that have the highest popularity are Nylon tips and Diamond Tips. 

Diamond sticks have the smallest tip of them all and are made of all wood. These sticks are very aerodynamic and have a softer sound compared to others. This is because of the material and tip size. Although these sticks are very light, they scuff very easily. After one or two uses, the tips and sides get dirty and are more prone to breakage. They also have a smooth feel and are very easy to drop even with a strong fulcrum. I would recommend taping your pair with electrical tape or the VicTape offered on the Vic Firth website to improve your grip. 

On the other hand, Nylon sticks are made of wood except for the tip. These sticks are heavier compared to a solid wood pair. Because of this, these sticks have a deeper sound and a better rebound off your drumhead. These sticks hold up very well after a couple uses, they don’t scuff or dent as easily as the Diamond tips. This is because of the finish on them. It gives these sticks a better grip and feel then the normal wood. I would still recommend taping your pair but these sticks are less inclined to slip out of your hands. 

Both of these sticks are great for your drumming needs but they both have their individual strengths. Diamond tips are lighter and more aerodynamic for Drum Set practice.  Then Nylon sticks are heavier and better for your practice pad and for drum rudiments. Nevertheless, I would recommend both of these sticks for individual practice.