Girls Golf team brings home district title

The Westside Warriors had an outstanding finish this past Tuesday placing first in the district tournament. Carly Brown and Addison Benge placed in the top five and Sophia Martin and Chloe DiPrima placed in the top ten.

Freshman Chloe DiPrima sunk a critical putt that helped secure the win for the warriors.

“I was surprisingly calm. All I knew was if I made it, we win, and it felt good to help the team out,” DiPrima said. 

Coach Jared Hellman has faith in DiPrima after seeing how she handled the pressure of districts.

“Chloe DiPrima is our only player without experience playing in the State tournaments, and birding the first playoff hole at the District final shows me all I need to know about her, she will be ready,” Hellman said.

After Westside showed up for a sudden death playoff at districts, coach Hellman knows the Warriors have what it takes to go far in the state tournament.

“Winning a sudden-death playoff, with all 5 girls stepping up gives us momentum heading into State,” Hellman said.

Senior Carly Brown placed second in the district tournament and is set to bring her a-game at state.

“We saw the greatest amount of pressure during our sudden death playoff for the district title,” Brown said. “I believe our team is prepared for the pressure and the stage of the state tournament because we thrived under pressure.”

Senior Sarah Weiss has had a successful senior season and is ready to bring it on at state.

“I’ve loved how close all of us girls have gotten. Even with two transfers and a new freshman this year I feel like we have still really felt like a family and have been super close,” Weiss said. 

The Warriors are ready to take on the competition the state tournament brings.

“One thing is for certain, these girls will represent their family, school, and community with class and make us all proud,” Hellman said.