Westside B.I.O.N.I.C. Club Holds Third Annual 10/10 I Care Day

Westside’s B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Club held their third annual 10/10 I Care Day on Thursday, Oct. 10. This event focuses on promoting kindness throughout Westside and encourages students to reach out to one another.

Claire Benson
Featured above is an example of the cards given to students in homeroom to use for 10/10 I Care Day.

“10/10 I Care Day is with the B.I.O.N.I.C. Club,” Counselor and Club Sponsor Lauri Cunningham said. “This club just promotes kindness and care throughout the school. What we’re trying to do is just be inclusive; help people know that there are both staff and students who care about them.”

Cunningham said that she believes this day is important because she wants to help promote kindness for people who are having bad days.

“I hope each person will either give kindness, receive kindness or both, and they just feel better and feel joy that day,” Cunningham said.

Students were given cards from their homeroom teachers to hand out to other students or staff members, thanking them and reminding them that they care about them.

“[For] 10/10 I Care Day you’re supposed to do one nice thing every hour for ten hours, and it can be anything small [or] large, you choose,” Cunningham said.

Senior Sophie Nutsch is a member of the B.I.O.N.I.C. Club, and said she hopes 10/10 I Care Day will encourage people to brighten one another’s day.

“I’m hoping that everyone is nice to each other, that we have better attitudes in the school and [make] new friends,” Nutsch said.