Girls wrestling team prepares for Mrs. Claus slam in Texas

Ava Waggoner

The girls wrestling team just finished fourth out of 43 teams at the Council Bluffs classic. They are preparing for the Santa duels and the Mrs. Claus slam in Texas. The team has gained many new and young talents. Three time state champion Regan Rosseter how she is preparing for the meet. 

“Same as always, just going out there and doing what I love to do,” Rosseter said. “I am doing the same thing I have been doing this whole time.”

Head girls coach Bob Mulligan also shared how he is preparing the team for the tournament which is farther than what they are usually used to. 

“We’re just doing what we always do,” Mulligan said. “The only thing we’re really doing differently is our mental preparation and getting our bodies ready for a 10-11 hour drive.”

Rosseter is ranked number one in the state for the 130 lbs division. She is now facing new competition and explained her goals for this meet and what she is expecting going into the tournament.

“I am hoping to hit my 100th career win in Texas and I want to place first,” Rosseter said. “ I am expecting the same as the other tournaments, taking one match at a time.”  

Mulligan also shared what the team is expecting at the tournament and what they are hoping to place as a team but also individually. 

“We don’t have much expectations, we are just really excited for this awesome opportunity to get to travel,” Mulligan said. “We are just hoping to compete as hard as we can, if we do everything we are supposed to do we should place pretty high.”