Westside Student Council Hosts Annual Trunk or Treat Event

Bekah Peters

Student Council members decorated the trunks of their cars and handed out candy to participants.

Westside High School Student Council members held their annual Trunk or Treat event on November 1 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the senior lot. 

Trunk or Treat is an annual event where Westside community members are invited to go trick-or-treating in the trunks of cars decorated by club members at the high school. 

Many clubs and other groups of students participated in the event, decorating their car trunks in a theme and handing out candy to those who attended. Participants were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes to the event.

Sophomore and Student Council member Ava Tomcykowski attended the event. Tomcykowski said it was fun seeing kids in their costumes. 

“All of the little kids were really cute in their costumes,” Tomcykowski said. “It was fun.”

Tomcykowski said there weren’t many obstacles that went into organizing the event. 

“The only thing that we had challenges with was that some cars didn’t get to the parking lot on time,” Tomcykowski said. 

Special Education instructor Zane Cozad attended the event and enjoyed hanging out with students and seeing them have fun.

“My favorite part was seeing people dress up in their costumes and how excited they were getting to be around their friends, being able to listen to music, eat candy, and just have fun,” Cozad said.