Mr. Rhodes Joins Administrative Team

Mr. Rhodes, a former science teacher, is now a new dean for freshman and sophomore boys. Rhodes has been a teacher for seven years, this is  his first as an administrator. He hopes to have a positive impact.

“I hope that [administrators] as a team continue to help students be successful,”  Rhodes said.“I think we’ll see that in things like grades, ACT scores, graduation rates, participation in clubs, and things like that. I like to think that the team is capable of building a culture of success for our students.”

Mr. Rhodes was junior Julia Benson’s physics teacher when she was a sophomore last year. She believes that his teaching abilities will help him be a successful administrator.

“He had really good morals and really good values [as a teacher],” Benson said. “Everyone really respected him in class and looked up to him. He’s a really nice, fun person to work with and be taught by. He’ll bring good ideas and good values to the table.”

Transitioning from a daily interactions in the classroom to the office scheduling, and Rhodes said he believes that the switch in careers will take time to adjust to.

“I think one of the biggest differences that I’ve sensed is to constantly adjust my schedule,” Rhodes said. “Whenever a new piece to the puzzle comes in, I have to figure out where in my list of things to-do to fit it in. This is a lot more of everyday fitting the pieces of the puzzle together.”

With a lot on his plate as dean, Rhodes is also the Assistant Athletic Director. This school year he hopes to be successful in all aspects. With the school year in full swing, Rhodes’ first year as dean with a goal to help students be successful is off to a promising start.In terms of success, he believes that the key is to meet expectations.

“I want [students] to know that if they meet expectations, they are surrounded by teachers who also believe in their success,” Rhodes said.