Senior plans to play rugby at next level

CeCe Gerard
Wing will play rugby at Iowa Central.

Multi sport athlete Jackson Wing committed to Iowa Central for rugby. He has played football as a defensive and offensive lineman. Not only does he play football and rugby he also wrestles. He shared what he is most excited about for his athletic career at Iowa Central.

“I am most excited to go play higher level rugby with guys that will make me better all around,” Wing said.

Head varsity football coach Paul Limongi has been coaching the team since last season. Since he has been coaching the football team they have won back to back state championships. He expressed how Jack is different from the others.

“Jack is an excellent teammate, he is dependable and loyal to his team, Jack also has a very high football IQ,” Limongi said. “As the starting center for the last three years he is responsible for making all our line calls.  Lastly, Jack is tough and always plays hard.”

As the starting center Wing explained his favorite memories from all the sports he played and who was his mentor throughout it all.

“My favorite memory was probably the two state championships I won with football the last two years,” Wing said. “My biggest mentor through it all was probably my dad.”

Limongi coaches many different types of kids. He has seen many different types of athletes throughout his long coaching career.  He shared what Wing’s work ethic is as an athlete.

“Jack is a very hard worker,” Limongi said. “He does his best every day.”