Westside Girls Look to Ride Momentum at Struggling Crusaders

The top-ranked Westside girls basketball team will hit the road on Tuesday, January, 9, 2018, to visit Omaha Marian at 7:15 p.m. The Warriors, who own an 11-2 record after a compelling run through the Nike Tournament of Champions and the Metro Holiday Tournament, are coming off a 24 point win over previously top-ranked Millard South. The Crusaders, however, are gliding through a skid as they’re 1-3 in their last four.

The Westside girls turned heads over the break, and they’re looking to ride that momentum and pick up the win tonight. They’re led by senior guard Quinn Weidemann, who broke the all-time scoring record recently, as she averaged 18.5 points per game in their Metro Holiday Tournament championship run.

The Omaha Marian Crusaders have finished just one of the last four seasons above .500, and that trend looks to continue as their young squad is struggling to start the year off. The Crusaders average  8.9 assists per game to their 15.6 made basket average, so they can spread the ball when necessary. Marian is hungry to get going.

The Warriors and Crusaders will clash on the court on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, at 7:15 p.m. in Westside’s first regular season matchup in 23 days.