Westside teacher shares about personal Youtube channel

It is a common misconception throughout the world that teachers entire lives revolve around school. While that could be true in some cases, that is not the case for Westside science teacher Michael Fryda. In Fryda’s free time he makes videos reviewing mechanical pencils.

“I have a youtube channel called Clutch Situation and that’s a play on words,” Fryda said. “Clutch referring to the clutch that holds the led in a mechanical pencil.”

Fryda started the channel over two years ago and has been making videos ever since. He created this channel as a fun outlet for himself that he could do in his  own free time.

“I am doing this for myself, I’m not doing it for other people, but if other people enjoy it that’s fine,” Fryda said.

Fryda does have a loyal following group and gets positive comments on hischannel. Some people think that it’s really cool that there is a community for this and can relate to the people of the community. Some people, however, have left negative comments, but Fryda does not let that destroy his passion because he is doing it for himself, not others.

“Consider what your writing needs are and consider an upgrade,” Fryda said.

While most high school students just use their pencils for school and taking notes, Fryda recommends that you think more about your writing needs.