Cheer and dance raise money through basketball game to travel to Orlando

For the past five years, cheer has participated in raising money through the student vs. staff basketball game. The money raised will go towards cheer and dance’s trip to Orlando, beginning on Thursday, Dec. 1. Molly Seals, head cheer coach, is excited for the experience that cheer and dance will have in Orlando.

“The Competition (state) Cheer Team started the staff vs. student basketball game a few years ago to raise funds to compete at the State Cheer and Dance competition,” Seals said. “This year we decided to use the fundraiser for the cheer and dance trip to Orlando since a majority of the team is traveling to participate! We like doing this fundraiser because it’s a fun experience for students and staff. Both teams and the crowd really get into it!”

The student vs. staff game is a basketball game that senior girls and boys and teachers can participate in.

“This is the first year dance has helped with the fundraiser since it was going to Orlando,” Seals said. “Previous years, it has been the cheer program and then the competition (state) cheer team’s fundraiser.”

Cheer and dance will be in Orlando for four days and compete in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular while they are there.

“The students and staff enjoy playing a friendly (yet competitive) game of basketball against each other and the student section has a lot of fun as well,” Seals said.