Week in Review 4/5-4/11

Track

The boys track team competed in the Millard South Invite this past Saturday. The team placed seventh overall. The day started off with a second place finish from the 4×800 relay team, followed by a first place finish from senior Michael Merical and fourth place from senior Sam Frankel in the 400 meter dash. Next, junior Milo Greder won the two mile and mile run, followed by a sixth place finish from Merical in the 200 meter dash. To end the day, the 4×100 meter relay and 4×400 meter relay teams placed fourth each. The team’s next meet is at Papillion-LaVista South High School Thursday April 14.

The girls track team competed in the Millard South Invite this past Saturday as well. The team placed fourth overall, starting with sophomore Jaylen Knight placing second in the 100 meter dash and winning the 200 meter dash. Then, sophomore Quinn Weidemann placed second in the 800 meter run, junior Marta Hailu was fifth in the two mile run and sophomore DeKyah Rosemond was sixth in the 300 meter hurdles. As well, the 4×100 meter relay team was fourth and the 4×400 meter relay team was second. The team’s next meet is at Papillion-LaVista South High School Thursday April 14.

Boys Soccer

The Boys Soccer team has been playing in the Metro Tournament, starting Wednesday April 6. Their first game was against Omaha Bryan, which they won 10-0 off of a mercy rule. The team’s next game was against defending state champions Millard West on Thursday which the team won handily 5-0. On Friday, the team played a tough game against Creighton Prep, and won 1-0. The team plays for the metro tournament championship tonight at 7 p.m. against Millard North at Norris Middle School. Check back Westside Wired tomorrow for more in-depth coverage of the metro soccer tournament.

Girls Soccer

Girls soccer competed in the Metro Tournament Wednesday, April 6 and Thursday, April 7. The girls first match was against Bellevue West and lost 2-1. In the consolation game, the girls played Omaha Northwest and mercy ruled the team 10-0 in the first half with senior Mariah Tessin scoring four goals. The girls next game will be Tuesday, April 12 against Bellevue West at Bellevue West at 5 p.m.

Boys Golf

Boys golf competed in the Ralston Tiburon Golf Tournament on Thursday, April 7 but the tournament was eventually cancelled due to high winds. Their next tournament is today at Platteview Country Club, hosted by Millard South high school.

Girls Tennis

Girls tennis competed against Lincoln Southwest Tuesday, April 5 at home. No. 1 singles senior Lizzie Harwood won her match 8-3 and no. 1 doubles partners sophomore Ellie Sadler and senior Hannah Peters won 8-5. No. 2 doubles partners juniors Erin Kruger and Ashley Tyler won 8-5 and no. 3 doubles partners juniors Ande Bilyeu and Kate Alston won 8-6. The tennis team also competed in the Westside Invite on Friday where they placed eighth. The girls next match will be tomorrow against Bellevue East.