Spring Break in Review

With nine days down and a plethora of Westside activities completed, many Warriors wrapped up a busy spring break schedule, from spring sports athletes, to members of the Amazing Technicolor Show Choir (ATSC).

Track

The boys and girls track teams had busy weeks as they competed Monday March 28 at the Dan Lennon Invitational at the University of South Dakota (USD), as well as Friday April 1 at the Bob Whitehouse Invitational hosted by Omaha Bryan. There were no overall team results at USD, though junior Milo Greder was the only Warrior to place first in their respective event, he ran a 9:39 in the 3200 meter run. Several other runners placed top five in their event including senior Michael Merical and Sam Frankel in the 400 meter, seniors Jakob Phillips, Abdi Abdinasir and Alec Reilly in the 1600 meter and sophomore Quinn Weideman in the 800 meter.

The Bob Whitehouse Invitational was a different story. The boys team placed second overall behind Creighton Prep. Various runners placed first including another victory in the 3200 meter run from Milo Greder, meet records in both the 4×800 and 4×400 meter relays and a top finish in the 400 meter run by Michael Merical.

The girls team did not finish in the top overall at Omaha Bryan, though sophomore Quinn Weideman took home another second place victory in the 800 meter run, the 4×400 meter relay finished second overall, the 4x1oo meter relay team finished third overall, sophomore Jaylen Knight finished third in the 100 meter dash and Caroline Leibel tied for third in the high jump.

Girls Soccer

The girls had multiple games over spring break starting Saturday against Lincoln East. The team beat Lincoln East 2-0 with goals by sophomore Olivia Washburn in the first half and junior Emily Torres in the second half. The following Monday the girls played Millard West at home and lost 3-0. The next day the team played Lincoln Pius at home and went on to win 2-0. Finally, the girls played Thursday against Papillion La-Vista South at home. After a 0-0 score in the first half, freshman Kaley Heinz and Sylvia Fehr both scored in the second half to help the team win 2-0. The girls next game will be Wednesday against Bellevue West at Millard South for the Metro Conference tournament at 7 p.m.

Boys Soccer

The boys had few games this spring break. Their first game was against Lincoln East Saturday March 26. The boys beat Lincoln East 4-0 with junior Jack Finocchiaro scoring three goals and sophomore Sam Mormino scoring one. To finish off the week the boys had a game Thursday against Millard North but unfortunately had their first loss of the season 2-1. The boys next game will be this Tuesday against Papillion-La Vista at 5 p.m.

Boys Baseball

Boys baseball had multiple games over spring break. The boys fell short their first game against Lincoln Southwest 9-6 on Monday. The following day the boys played Lincoln Southeast and won 6-1. On Thursday the boys went up against Papillion-La Vista South and lost by a score of 6-3. The next day the boys played Bellevue East and fell short losing by a score of 3-1. Finally, to wrap up spring break, the boys played against Millard North and achieved a win by a score of 5-4. After a very busy spring break, the boys next game will be today against Columbus at Columbus.

Girls Tennis

The girls team only had one match over spring break against Omaha Marian at home. The team unfortunately fell short losing 9-0. Their next match is tomorrow, Tuesday April 5.

Boys Golf

The boys golf team competed in their first invitational in Grand Island. Senior AJ Nolin finished best on the team, tying for 12th with an 81.

Show Choir

ATSC capped off competition season with a second-runner up place at nationals in Nashville, TN. The group received best band and best crew as well as a Best Male Soloist award for senior Jacob Thomas.