Students go from performers to directors in upcoming production

As Fiddler on the Roof comes to a close, theatre looks to move ahead with a new production called Project 66. Although Project 66 is not a full play, it contains four mini plays that an audience can enjoy in one night.

Project 66 is not something new to Westside. It is a production that happens every year and each year is different on what acts they perform. What sets apart Project 66 from any other production Westside has had is that Project 66 is student led.

This year, theatre will be performing four one acts. All of theses acts are published, but instead of theatre director Jeremy Stoll directing them, each is being directed by a Westside student, while the entire theatre three class is the cast for the shows.

The four directors this year are seniors Amy Conaway, Zach Bowen, Natalie Day, and Madison Hoy.

“The directors pick the plays but they always try and balance each other on the different genres they use,” Conaway said. “This year we have one modern comedy, two modern dramas, and one classical drama.”

The four acts this year that are being directed are Express Line, Fighting Demons, The 11th, and Trojan Women

The acts will be performed December 3rd, 4th, and 5th at 7 p.m. The performances will be divided with two acts before intermission and two acts after.

“This production is so interesting because it is student led,” Conaway said. “Each directors play is their own and it allows them to make it unique.”