ATSC Domination

Over winter break, the Amazing Technicolor Show Choir dominated the competition in Wisconsin.

Screen shot 2013-01-07 at 5.57.10 PMThe groups first competition was at Viterbo University in La Crosse, WI. ATSC spent all of Jan. 2 rehearsing with their choreographer in preparation.

ATSC won grand champion, best vocals and best choreography.

Along with these awards, senior Will Frei won best male soloist and senior Sophie Goldberg won best female soloist.

Apart from the group competition, there was a solo competition that Ari Juster, Josh Montanye, and Sophie Goldberg participated in. The top four soloists were chosen to preform at the concert and Josh Montayne was among these four.

The group has been attending this competition since 2000.

“This is essentially the first time that we have won our first time out. Normally its about our second, third, sometimes fourth contest before we end up in the grand champion spot. We’ve never had this experience of starting out on top,” said Choral Director Doran Johnson.

Seniors Audrey Wardian and Craig Timmons had the privilege of standing on stage to accept the award.

ATSCAward

“After a previous year of not doing as well as we thought, it was incredibly amazing to come out with a first place trophy, especially after working so hard,” said Wardian.

The show choirs will continue to compete throughout the year and hope to come out undefeated.