Into the Woods

Since September, the Westside theater department has been preparing for the spring play. Their hard work came to fruition, when “Into the Woods,” a musical, was performed last night, Thursday, March 27. The musical will continue tonight, Friday, March 28, and tomorrow, Saturday, March 29. The work to produce a musical requires many aspects to be planned before opening night.

The theater organization is required to coordinate scheduling with many different people including the main office, building services, and other student groups. The theater department also promoted its musical through posters and advertisements throughout Westside.

According Westside theater instructor Jeremey Stoll, one theater veteran who is doing some of her best work of her high school career is Eden Ginsberg.

“One of my favorite things about the show are the words and lyrics,” Ginsberg said. “Every single scene is filled with life lessons and messages. It’s cool because they are stated in relation to the fairy tales in the story.”

Stoll says his favorite part of being involved in theater is that he is never bored.

“The classes fulfill my desire to be a teacher and to educate, but so do the productions,” Stoll said. “As a director I get to be creative and collaborate with students in a different mode. It requires a unique connection to my students, and I enjoy that above it all.”

You can buy tickets in the Main entrance this week, and you can also buy them at the door to see the musical, “Into The Woods,” Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m.