Nominate Warrior of the Week through Email

Last year, Warrior of the Week was submitted through boxes in the IMCs. The Ethical Literacy Club, the club in charge of selecting the Warrior of the Week, would compile these recommendations together to select a Warrior who followed the Warrior Core Values:

We
Are
Respectful
Responsible
Inclusive
Open-minded
Resourceful
Strong

This year, the club is taking a different approach on how to select the Warrior of the Week. They have created a Warrior of the Week First Class email. Students can send nominations  for who they think the Warrior of the Week should be to this email. This change is to try and decrease the amount of questionable submissions submitted by students last year.

“One of the problems before was people would put bogus submissions in [the submission boxes]. They were kind of jerky mean things, or just silly things,” said Ethical Literacy Club director Denise Wegener, “It was sometimes hard to tell if a submission was legitimate or not.”

If a student does submit a subject submission, they will have to do so through their First Class account, which removes the anonymity from the submission process. This will also speed up the process of selection each week.

“I think this will save us the time of trying to figure out what is real and what is not real,” said Wegener.

The format the club requires to nominate someone for Warrior of the Week is comprised of two questions. What the person is being nominated for and what Warrior Core Value they demonstrate.

“I think there is this sentiment that people are doing anything truly good in this school, which I don’t think is true,” said Wegener, “What I really want is to encourage kids to be very specific with the situations they submit to us… If you see someone doing something genuinely deserving, that you nomiate them.”

To nominate a student you think is worthy of this honor, email the Warrior of the Week. Type in Warrior to find their email on first class.