Week in Review 2/1-2/8

With a light week of sports, only swimming and basketball played last week. Here are the results below:

Boys Swimming

The swim teams had a meet at Papillion-LaVista against Papillion-LaVista and Papillion-LaVista South on ThursdayThe boys lost the meet 106-74. Individually, the team had first place finishes from freshman Austin St. Amant in the one meter dive, sophomore Paul Schmidt in the 100 breast and sophomore Jackson Hanus in the 200 free. The team’s next meet is Tuesday Feb. 9 against Ralston at Westside.

Girls Swimming

Girls swimming was also at the Papilion-La Vista meet. They lost as well, 100-85. Individually, the Warriors got wins from senior Elizabeth Amato-Hanner in the 50 and 100 free, senior Grace Porter in the 200 free and freshman Laina Bayles in the 200 Individual Medley and 500 free. The team’s next meet is Tuesday Feb. 9 against Ralston at Westside.

Girls Basketball

The girls team had a short week with only one game on Friday because of the two snow days. The girls played Lincoln North Star at home for Westside Spirit Night. Lysney Curran contributed with 25 points to help the team win 62-33. Curran also tied the record for most three pointers in one game with seven. The girls next game will be tonight at home at 5:30 p.m. against Millard West.

Boys Basketball

The boys also had a short week because of the snow days with only one game on Friday against Lincoln North Star. After a tough battle the boys unfortunately fell short and lost 75-62 to the Navigators. The team’s next game will be tonight at home at 7:15 p.m. against Millard West.