Week in Review 1/18-1/25

Show Choir

The show choir teams had another amazing weekend from all teams. To start, ATSC, SI and Warrior Express placed first in their respective divisions. Then in finals, ATSC placed first, SI placed third and Warrior Express was sixth out of all the show choirs. ATSC also took home best choreography and best vocals. To top it off, sophomore Maddy Stark took home best female solo. Their next competition is at Elkhorn South Feb.  12 and 13.

Wrestling

Starting out the week on Tuesday, wrestling had a dual meet against Bennington High School. The team had wins in 126 weight from senior Drew Sorrell, 145 weight from sophomore Mickey Wilson, 170 weight from junior Darlando Hill and 285 weight from Kobee Brewer. Overall though, the team lost to Bennington 56-16. Their next meet is Wednesday Jan. 27 at Ralston.

Swimming

Swimming had a meet scheduled Tuesday Jan. 19, but was cancelled due to the weather. The next meet for boys and girls is Tuesday Jan. 25 at Westside.

Girls Basketball

Girls basketball had a strong showing this weekend with two games on Friday and SaturdayOn Friday, the girls played Papillion-La Vista. Sophomore Quinn Weidemann contributed to 18 points to help the Warriors win 52-40. The following day the girls played Benson at home. The Warriors took a nice win of 69-44 over the Bunnies. The girls next game will be this Tuesday at home against Omaha Northwest at 5:30 p.m.

Boys Basketball

Boys basketball started their weekend off by facing Papillion-La Vista on Friday. Unfortunately, the boys fell short to the No. 3 ranked team 66-51. The Warriors bounced back on Saturday playing the Benson Bunnies at home. Senior Sam Frankel and junior Anthony Bratton led the team with 16 points each and helped them win 62-48. The boys next game will be this Tuesday at home against Omaha Northwest at 7:15 p.m.