Week in Review 1/12-1/19

Swimming

On Tuesday Jan. 12, the swim teams hosted Omaha Marian and Creighton Prep. On the boys side, the team lost 127-58. Individually, junior Alexander Bayles won the 50 free, sophomore Jackson Hanus won the 500 free and freshman Austin St. Amant won the one meter dive event. For the girls, they also lost, but to Marian with a score of 115-70. Senior Grace Porter won the 50 free, senior Elizabeth Amato-Hanner won the 100 Prep cover Photofree and 200 individual medley, freshman Laina Bayles won the 200 and 500 free and the 400 free relay team won as well. The teams next meet is tonight, Jan. 19 at 4:30 at Bellevue East high school.

Wrestling

Over the weekend, varsity wrestling had varsity metro duals on Friday at Omaha North, then the individual tournament Saturday. On Friday, the team lost to Bellevue East, won against Omaha Northwest, then lost to Omaha Central, but ended on a win against Papio South to finish 11th in the tournament. On Saturday, the team wrestled individually. Top finishers for the Warriors were sophomore Maguire Battershell placing 8th at 120 weight, senior Drew Sorrell placing 6th at 126 weight and junior Kobee Brewer placing 4th at 285 weight. Their next meet is Thursday Jan. 21 at Bennington High School t 6:00 pm.

Girls Basketball

To start of the week, girls basketball played at Millard North on Tuesday, Jan. 12 and won 45-37. The team then turned around to play at Omaha Marian on Thursday, Jan. 14. After a tough battle, the girls fell short and lost with a close game of 51-48. The girls ended the long week by playing home against Norfolk on Saturday, Jan. 16. Weidemann lead the team with 16 points and helped the team secure the win 43-28. The girls next game will be Friday, Jan. 22 at Papillion La Vista at 5:30 p.m.

Boys Basketball

The boys started off their long week playing at Millard North on Tuesday, Jan 12. The game went into overtime but the boys pulled through and won the game 67-58. The team then played their rival school on Friday, Jan. 15 at Prep. The boys battled hard but sadly lost 57-50. To finish off the week the boys played at home against Norfolk on Saturday, Jan. 16. Trae Meeks contributed with 21 points to help the team with a solid win 71-56. The boys next game will be Friday, Jan. 22 at Papillion La Vista at 7:15 pm.