National Art Honors Society prepares for a spooky weekend

Spooky, creative and bonding together as a club is what National Art Honors Society (NAHS) plans to do this year, along with showing their art skills on an everyday basis.

The club began the year in the holiday spirit as they created pumpkins to display their abilities. The activity included painting, sculpturing and photography. The best part of this is that students were able to branch out from their original medium and work with another.

National Art Honors Society Pumpkin Carving

“I really enjoyed being able to work with a different medium because in school, I am in Drawing and Painting 2,” junior NAHS member Kati Stanzel said. “Even though we are doing our charcoal project right now in class, I am able to go to art club and do something different.”

NAHS does many different fundraising activities throughout the year to raise money for the club and events that they put on throughout the year. At the beginning of the year, they did face painting at the Student Advisory Board (SAB) carnival. The money raised from this event went towards the club and to purchasing the pumpkins for the bonding event.

“This event turned out very successful because everyone was able to design and make their own pumpkin,” senior member Yvonne Stone said. “This event was to help introduce students to National Art Honor Society and to help us all bond. I hope every event turns out the way this one did,” Stone said.

The pumpkins are displayed in the front display case by the main entrance, for students to view and to show off the Halloween spirit of the skilled NAHS students.