Swimming Recap: Jan. 22 through Jan. 29

Clair Selby

Sophomore Elizabeth Amato-Hanner swims back stroke. She made it to state her freshman year and is looking to qualify again this year. Photo by Emma Reilly

Over the weekend, the Westside Swim team had another competition, traveling six hours to Scottsbluff for the Twin Cities Invitational, held between Westside, Scottsbluff, McCook and North Platte. The meet, which took place Jan. 24 and 25, supplied another victory for both Warrior boys and girls swim teams.

The meet was dominated by the Warriors, as they won with a combined score of 974 to the next closest score, 551, by Scottsbluff. This decisive win moves the girls to a perfect 9-0 on the season. The boys are currently sitting at 2-7.  Just a mere 4 weeks before the state meet, the swimmers have a couple meets left in the season, which will enable them to finish strong.

This upcoming weekend, Westside will host the Westside High School Invitational, which will include 11 teams from around the state. The diving portion of the meet will take place Friday, Jan. 31 at 4 p.m. The swimming events will take place Saturday, Feb. 1 at 8 a.m. Both days can be seen at Westside High School. Tuesday Feb. 11, the Westside will compete in their final competition, at Ralston.

Look on Westside Wired Thursdays for the newest swimming recap, which will have scores of the upcoming meet at Westside and previews for the rest of the season. Or follow @westsidewired on Twitter for information and live updates on events.