Fashion Forecast- a prediction of the style crazes that will take place this year

February 17, 2023

One of the most anticipated moments surrounding each new year are the upcoming clothing and accessory trends. 2023 will bring elevated style with taste specifically from the ‘90s’. 

The ‘90s’ era is in full swing after low-rise pants boomed in 2022. Low-rise will not be leaving anytime soon. Most low-rise pants have a loose silhouette, making them comfortable to wear anytime, for any occasion. Cargo pants are a common form of low-rise, but jeans and even trousers can effectively capture this streetwear style. Whether you like it or not, low-rise pants won’t only be worn by high-fashion celebrities. Their versatility, comfortability and simplicity will accelerate them into the wardrobes of everyday people. 

Specifically during this winter season, scarves will be an accessory not only for warmth, but for an added touch of style. Scarves are one of the most effective ways to make an outfit cozy. They provide warmth and a different shape to an outfit that can’t be achieved with pants and a top. Also, scarves come in infinite colors and patterns. They can add a pop of color, or, with a neutral palette they can add a sense of maturity to the outfit. Scarves combine functionality and style with ease, making them a staple for 2023.

In the new year, key chains will have a new purpose. Decorating bags and purses with keychains and other small items will be on the rise. Adding a personal touch to the strap of a bag makes it more exciting to wear. The process can be a fun activity and collecting new keychains can change the look of a bag. This decoration can dress down an outfit. Keychains can also be used interchangeably to match an outfit. This prediction has stemmed from the appearances of Jane Birkin, who decorated her designer Birkin bag with keychains. This simple addition of keychains will completely change the game for accessories and add more personality to the attire of 2023. 

Constructing an outfit for the day that contains style, comfort and personality is a task that can be overwhelming to many. However, 2023 will be the year of wearing what makes you feel most comfortable and adding your own confidence to make outfits shine. Streetwear from celebrities can provide an outline, but it’s your turn to create a spin on the ‘90s’ vibe and place it into your wardrobe for 2023.