Volleyball rebounds with sweep of Millard West

September 7, 2022

The Westside volleyball team is coming off an impressive victory over the Millard West Wildcats on Tuesday, Sept. 6. The Warriors swept the Wildcats in three straight sets 25-15, 25-23 and 25-15. After a loss to Papillion-LaVista last week, it was good to see the team get back in the win column. 

Senior outside hitter Samantha Laird talked about how well the team rebounded against the Wildcats.

“Just coming off of last Thursday night, we wanted to come together and play as a team,” Laird said. “Thursday it kind of went rough, obviously, but we just wanted to come back and show them who we are.”

In the two days between this game and their next match, the team is looking to improve. Senior Destiny Ndam-Simpson has high expectations for her team.

“Our biggest goal is just to find where we’re connecting the best,” Ndam-Simpson said “Then improve connections in other places where we’re not so strong.”

Following their win, the Westside volleyball team will face off against Lincoln Southwest on Thursday, Sept. 8. Laird explains how their momentum needs to carry on against the Silverhawks. 

“I think we just want to build on tonight,” Laird said. “Keep playing as a team, getting our bond together, and just working out what’s gone wrong. Just getting runs and figuring everything out going into our next game.”

Lincoln Southwest comes to Westside with an undefeated record of 4-0. The match will start at 6:30 p.m.