Photo Gallery/RECAP: Girls and boys soccer go 2-0 in first double header

The first home soccer double header finally came, and both teams were playing their best with the girls playing Lincoln Pius X and the boys taking on Omaha North.

Girls started off the day and came out of the gate on fire. 6 minutes into the game, S. Fehr got the ball at her feet after a cross from Heinz and easily tapped it in for the first goal. From then on, Westside never let up, going into half with a 3-0 lead thanks to two goals by Washburn. In the second half, things went similarly to the first 40 minutes. Washburn managed to tally up an assist to Wilson on a great free kick, and the girls took home a win with the score being 4-0. They are now 3-0 on the season.

The boys came out on the field next, and similar to the girls, they played a great game. They managed to get a ton of opportunities in the first twenty minutes but no goals. However, in the twenty-second minute, Ramirez capitalized on a great chance from the left side of the box. This got the ball rolling for the Warriors as they blew up the rest of the half. Going into halftime, the score was 6-0 Westside with Novoa getting a hat trick and an assist. Westside managed to get to the 10 goal mark in the second half, calling for the mercy rule. They improved to 4-0 on the season.

Both teams will compete in Lincoln against Lincoln East Saturday morning.