Plautz decommits from Kansas, commits to Stanford

On Sunday, February 4, star senior quarterback Dylan Plautz tweeted out his commitment to Stanford University. However, a few weeks before his announcement, Plautz committed to a different school, the University of Kansas.

“For me, Stanford was the best opportunity education wise and football wise, and I kind of always knew that it would be an option. I just wasn’t sure if I was going to get in,” Plautz said.  “I just found out [the third] that I got in so that was a big game changer for me, and I just felt like I had a good relationship with all of the people there.”

Plautz said that the offer from Stanford was the same as he got from Kansas.

“It was just a preferred walk-on offer, but it does help with admissions being a football player. They walked me through the admissions process, which was really helpful”

Plautz said that even though he had committed, Stanford still had an interest in him. Since nothing was signed and he was only a walk-on, everything that the school did was perfectly fine and legal.

“Really, right after I committed to Kansas, [Stanford] just asked if I was still open to being recruited because at that point I wasn’t sure if I was going to get in at all. I was definitely open to that.”

It was definitely a tough day for Kansas, but there was nothing that they could do as the most official document of his commitment to KU was a tweet.

“There wasn’t anything signed or binding. I had to hold off on paying a deposit to admissions but other than that, everything was good.”

When asked about what he is most excited for, Plautz said that he just wants to play football.

“I am just really excited to be there and be around everybody and be in such a cool environment.”

No matter the controversy, you can expect to see Plautz on campus in California in August.