Freshman advice: 5 things to remember throughout high school

August 15, 2017

1. Get involved! Westside is your home for the next four years. The more you choose to support the Warriors- whether it’s joining a sports team, club, or supporting in the student section- the more special your high school experience will be.
  2. Invest in your classes! Westside is home to incredibly talented teachers and students. You will learn so much everyday if you choose to be present and an active learner during your school day.
  3. Step out of your comfort zone! Try something new. Whether that is raising your hand in large group, or taking a difficult honors class, by challenging yourself you will go far.
  4. Make new friends! Be sure to keep the old, too- but don’t be afraid to build a relationship with your biology partner, or the boy or girl you’ve always wanted to know more about. Your classes will be way more enjoyable if you are able to become friends with the people in them.
  5. Last but not least, PLEASE participate in Prep Week! It starts Monday (21st) and in order for the school to have as much spirit as possible, we need you freshman to participate!