‘Most Outstanding Students’ recognized at annual awards ceremony

May 10, 2017

This year’s ninth, tenth and eleventh grade awards ceremonies were held on Monday night in Westside’s auditorium. Every year, two students, one male and one female, are recognized for their academic achievements throughout the school year. Here are this year’s ‘Most Outstanding Students.’

Most Outstanding Students – Ninth grade

Jacob Caffey 

Caffey was recognized at the ninth grade awards ceremony for his outstanding academic achievements. Caffey is also a member of the boys varsity soccer team.

Ella Wedergren 

Wedergren, named female Outstanding Student of the freshman class, is also a starter for the varsity girls basketball team.

Most Outstanding Students – Tenth grade

Ethan Goldner

Aside from academic achievements, Goldner is also a member of the varsity boys soccer team, varsity cross country, Mu Alpha Theta and National Spanish Honors Society. Goldner is also a founder of the mens intramural volleyball team.

Madigan Brodsky

Named Outstanding female Student of the sophomore class, Brodsky is involved in journalism, Mu Alpha Theta and varsity dance team.

Most Outstanding Students – Eleventh grade

Brady Fehr

Fehr is also a member of the varsity boys soccer team, and competes in DECA.

Graycen Boettger

Along with outstanding academic achievement, Boettger is also a participant of Jazz band and runs cross country.