Richie’s Review: Movies With Happy Endings

May 8, 2017

As the end of the year is drawing near, I decided to pick a few of my favorite films with happy endings, with characters ranging anywhere from awkward teens, pregnant teens, to old men in prisons. Here are some movies that will have you uplifted by the time the credits roll on your high school career.

Napoleon Dynamite: There are few movies that reach the level of quirkiness this one provides. Napoleon Dynamite is about an awkward teen who has little friends in school and no respect at home. When he becomes friends with the new mexican kid, Pedro, the two makes a plan to get Pedro to win class president. While facing bullies at school and a controlling uncle at home; Napoleon finally gets a chance to show what she gots in front of the whole school.

Juno: Another quirky comedy including a teen in high school, but this one tells the story of Juno. Juno lives the life of any other ordinary teen girl; she goes out and gets slushies, calls her friends on her burger phone, but accidentally got knocked by her track star boy toy. Once she finds out, she picks an old rocker and his wife to give the baby for adoption. But when the old rocker creates feelings for Juno, his marriage and the adoption are put on the line. Although she experiences a different high school experience, her boyfriend and herself get through it together.

Shawshank Redemption: In this Stephen King adaptation, a man named Andy Dufresne has been convicted for the murder of his wife. But nobody knows he was wrongly convicted except himself. While serving his time, he plays prison’s games. Doing jobs for the warden, making sure people realize he’s not weak, and only giving his trust to a few people. Through all the anguish, pain, and time, this man will have his freedom once again.