Varsity soccer Senior Night highlights

April 28, 2017

The varsity girls and boys soccer teams celebrated their last regular-season home game on Tuesday. Both the boys and girls teams will be hosting districts next week. Here are some season and career highlights for the seniors going into districts:

Hannah Bowes

Bowes currently holds 28 career shutouts, and is a four-year varsity letter winner.

“This season has been very fun and unpredictable. We have beat some quality teams which has boosted our confidence and has helped us come together as a team,” Bowes said. “I’m looking forward to our team really coming together and playing for each other in the upcoming weeks. We have a ton of young talent on our team, it really is anyone’s year to take state.”

Emily Torres

Torres is a four-year varsity starter, and has played defender, midfield and goalkeeper for the Warriors during her high school career.

“I’m looking forward to having the shot at a district championship and eventually a state championship,” Torres said. “Last year we fell short of making state but our team this year is super talented and I feel like we have a really good chance to be successful at state.”

Dana Cox

According to varsity girls soccer head coach Nathan Moseley, “[Cox] has been a self-less leader in Westside’s soccer program for four years.”

“So far this season has been awesome.We have really connected and worked together to get far in the season. Hopefully we do really well in districts and work our way to the state tournament,” Cox said.

Hunter Kruse

Kruse currently has 5 goals this season, and is a captain for the boys team.

Aaron Noddle

Noddle has been a leader on the defensive side of the team this season. Noddle plays club soccer for Elite Boys Academy and will be playing soccer at Hastings College this fall.

John-Luc Westphal

Westphal has returned from a two-year break to play for the boys varsity team after playing his freshman year. Westphal is a starter for the team.

Noah Farho

Farho has played on varsity since his junior year. Farho plans to study pre-medical education or business at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln this fall.

“We are a family,” Farho said. “We fight for each other every game.”

Jack Finocchiaro

Finocchiaro is a captain of the boys varsity team this year. Finocchiaro sits on 19 points on the season going into districts, the highest amongst the team.

Christian Hanus

Hanus not only was a leader on the soccer field, but he also participated in Student Council, Cross Country and DECA this year.

Ethan Wolter

Wolter is also a captain for the boys varsity team. Wolter plays club soccer for Elite Boys Academy and has played through injuries this season.