Photo courtesy of Lois Rasgorshek
Photo courtesy of Lois Rasgorshek

Physics students excel in Drake University Physics Test

April 7, 2017

While many students at Westside dread physics and science, three students were offered a full tuition scholarship for their superior physics skills. The students, Daniel Guo, David Atri-Schuller, and Daniel Berentson, all took the Drake’s Physics test and did very well on it.

Daniel Guo says that people from all around the Midwest could test into this which means it is a big honor to score well.

“If you score within the top 50, you are offered a full ride scholarship to Drake University to pursue any physic major,” Guo said.

All three of the students got into the top 50, earning them a free scholarship to Drake.

“When I took it I got 11th, David got 2nd, and Danny also scored with us in the top 50,” Guo said.

Although they all did earn it, Guo said that only one of the students is planning to go to Drake.

“I know David is planning to [accept the scholarship],” said Guo. “However I am not going into physics so I won’t apply.”

They all took the test back and January and just recently got the good news. As for the test, Guo says that it covered most of AP Physics 1 and 2, so it doesn’t require extra knowledge past what you learn at Westside. As for science, Guo can’t express how important it is.

“Study physics, it’s good for you!”