Cast of musical Zombie Prom puts on school dance

February 27, 2017

Whether you like them or not, every year Westside hosts three school dances. For the first time in school history, there will be a fourth this year. The cast of the spring musical Zombie Prom has decided to introduce a new event to Westside by putting on a dance on Friday, Mar. 10, a week before their show.

Senior Johannah Hager, as well as the rest of the musical’s cast, are striving to bring a fun experience to the student body while also raising some money for the theater department.

“Every dance has its pull,” Hager said. “With Winter Formal it’s Battle of the Bands, with this dance, it’s a zombie and 1950s theme.”

It’s suggested that students come dressed in line with the theme, as it is promotion for the musical.

“You can come either in a 1950s style or in zombie makeup. There will be prizes for both of those,” Hager said. “However, if you’re uncomfortable doing that you can just come have fun.”

There are two different tickets you can purchase for the event. For $10 you can just get into the dance, but for $15 you get into the dance and a ticket to the musical, “Zombie Prom” the week after.

“It is the theatre’s fundraiser but more than that it’s also a way for the theater department to give back and say thank you to the students by showcasing what we’re good at–being theatrical,” Hager said.

Just like all the other dances, tickets must be purchased before the dance. They can be bought at the business office starting Monday.