Meet the new teachers for this semester

January 24, 2017

As the spring semester at Westside begins, we are proud to welcome two new teachers into our building. Dana Rose and Brooke Herbst, from the art department and math department respectively, both have very interesting personalities and hobbies. Here some information to help you learn more about these teachers.

Dana Rose:

Teaches: Art Foundations, Photography 1, and Photography 2

Before coming to Westside, Rose student taught at Benson High School, Central High School and Beveridge Middle School. From what she has heard, District 66 is great and she is excited to see what Westside is all about. In her free time, Rose likes to play tennis and guitar and of course, make her own personal art. She is looking forward to seeing all of her students working and being creative in their projects.

Brooke Herbst:

Teaches: Algebra 1 and Advanced Algebra
Herbst attended college at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City before getting a job at Westside. At Briar Cliff, she was on the school soccer team while studying math and secondary education. Along with that, Herbst likes to hang out with her friends, bake and workout in her free time. She is looking forward to getting to know her students and helping them become better at math.