Seniors prepare for college with Apply2College Week

October 13, 2016

Apply2College Week is giving Westside seniors an opportunity to get assistance while filling out college applications. Westside’s guidance counselors and representatives from select colleges are available in the Guidance IMC all week to help seniors apply for college.  

Dr. Vicki Londer is one of the college counselors in charge of Apply2College Week.

“We’re trying to help kids complete their applications because a lot of students will start [their applications] and they sit and don’t get them done,” Londer said. “We’re just trying to help them get that jump-start and get that piece done so that way they can focus on scholarships and their homework and their activities.”

“We’re celebrating! We’re taking pictures, we have a polaroid camera and we put a map up of where all of the teachers went to undergraduate school so the kids can have conversations with them,” Londer said. “We’re just trying to make it a big deal and make it fun for the kids.”

Here is the schedule for Apply2College Week:

Tuesday, Oct. 11:

9-11 Nebraska Wesleyan University

12-3 Common Application & Other Colleges

Wednesday, Oct. 12:

8-10 Iowa Western

10-12 Metro Community College

Thursday, Oct. 13:

9-12 UNO

12:30-3 Creighton

Friday Oct. 14:

9:30-11 UNL

For more information regarding college, check for updates on the Counselor Corner page