HOMECOMING: Varsity Football vs. Omaha Central

September 26, 2016

During the 2016 homecoming football game, the Warriors showed up to play against the Central Eagles. They pulled off a win, and showed us that they are a completely different team than they were during their first game.

The game started off slow for the Warriors, as it usually does, but Westside picked up speed after the Eagles scored. During the following kickoff, Jaden Kohls blew past the defenders and scored a touchdown tying it at 7-7.

The Warriors tacked on another 7 points with 5:35 left in the half and the score was 14-7. Then Westside scored 14 points in a matter of 4 minutes and ran into the locker room winning 28-7.

The Eagles came out of the half a different team and they scored two touchdowns of their own, but Cory Meyers blocked one of the PATs, so the Warriors were winning 28-20.

Westside calmed down and kicked in a field goal and after that, they shut down the Eagle’s offense. The game ended with the score of 31-20.

It was an impressive win for the Warriors and it showed how much they have grown since their first game. Westside students should be very excited to see what is to come from this young football team.

WHS vs. Central from Warrior Television on Vimeo.