DECA brings Halloween spirit to those in need

October 13, 2015

It’s that time of the month where the leaves start to fall, the weather starts to get colder, and most importantly, the costumes and candy are flowing for Halloween. For DECA, it is also the start of a costume drive fundraiser.

“The costume drive is basically how it sounds: people can donate their old costumes to help kids who cannot afford their own costumes for Halloween” senior and DECA Vice-President Matt Johnson said.

The costume drive is open to any high school student but if anyone in the district wants to donate costumes as well, they can. Students and faculty at the high school can donate any appropriate costume that is in good condition.

The costumes are for kids kindergarten through 6th grade.

Costumes can be dropped off in the marketing room (room 223) in the box labeled “costume drive.”

According to Johnson, the place of donation is unknown as of now, but places such as Boys Town has been considered.

“We wanted to have time to give the donations to the place an give the kids time to pick out a costume,” Johnson said. “If we do a date too late, kids will already have their costumes and the costume drive won’t work.”