Westside Soccer Program To Hold Annual Pancake Feed And Clinic

Image courtesy of Westside Community Schools's Twitter

The Westside soccer program will hold their annual pancake feed and youth soccer clinic on Saturday, March 7.

Westside girls and boys soccer hosts an annual Pancake Feed every spring to raise funding for the program. This also includes varsity players and coaches who put on a clinic for girls and boys from grades third through eighth. According to girls varsity coach Chris Dunford and boys varsity coach Mike Dean, the event is open to everyone. It will take place on Saturday, March 7., and the cost is $10 for adults and $6 for students. Those interested can also sign up for the clinic at the event. 

“[The event is held] Saturday, March 7,” Dean said. “The Pancake Man [will be here] from 8 [a.m.] to 11 a.m. and the soccer clinic from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m..” 

Both coaches said they think this event is important for the coaches and varsity players, not only to fundraise for the season, but to meet future players and have fun with them. 

“This event is an important fundraiser for the soccer programs as its main goal, but you can’t underestimate the importance of getting the soccer players together in this kind of setting, spending time with people from the Westside 66 community and really helping to show the warrior pride,” Dunford said. 

Dean said that he thinks it’s important for the clinic participants to meet current players and become familiar with the high school soccer program.  

“It’s good for young kids to have role models and goals,” Dean said. “They can see where they might be one day.”

Junior and varsity soccer player Colin Wein said he will be at the event assisting the students during the clinic. Not only did the coaches say they feel it is important, but Wein said he agrees that students should attend. 

“[It’s important for students to come] so they can learn from experienced players and get skilled,” Wein said. 

Dunford said he hopes the pancake feed can bring the Westside community together. 

“I think the pancake feed is the type of event that really can showcase the high school spirit and encompass all that is great in it,” Dunford said. “It’s one big Westside family coming together for a good cause.”