Congratulations to the 2018-2019 Student Council

A big congratulations goes out to the newly elected Student Council for the 2018-2019 school year! The co-presidents will be Yousra Abdulrazig and Biruk Tewodros. Both Abdulrazig and Tewodros are looking forward to the upcoming year and are hopeful about how they can help the council to improve.

A new application process has been put into use for the past few years, making selection into the council more competitive. Abdulrazig says that the hardest year to be accepted is usually as an incoming freshman. There is also a separate application process to become a Student Council officer.

Throughout the year Student Council takes on big projects, such as decorating for Homecoming and Winter Formal, organizing Mr. WHS, and putting together the Hearts Campaign for Valentine’s day. In order to be most successful with all of the hard work that they will be putting into the year, co-presidents Abdulrazig and Tewodros want to put more focus on strengthening the Student Council through building relationships.

“I really want to focus on bonding and getting to know the council as people, because I think that will help foster the teamwork that we want to strive for,” said Tewodros.

Student Council not only benefits the school environment in many ways, but being a part of the club is also beneficial to the members themselves. Abdulrazig believes that being a part of the club is unique and valuable for students’ futures.

“Through Student Council I’ve grown a lot and I’ve become more of a leader and willing to share my opinion and create change, Student Council teaches you that,” said Tewodros.

Scroll down to see a complete list of the officers and members for 2018-2019.

Officers

Co-President:  Yousra Abdulrazig

Co-President: Biruk Tewodros

Secretary:  Mia Weisbach

Public Relations:  Lindsay Tierra

Guardian: Dayzee Mayfield

Freshmen

Duha Alabbas

Samantha Barrett

Sofia Drelicharz

Ellie Fehringer

Zev Gordman

Leah Keator

Nikolas Loontjer

Isaac Persky

Tai-Chi Robinson

Lina Shukry

Elise Smith

Kidus Tewodros

Sophomores

Camille Beaulieu

Aayushi Chaudhary

Emma Dunlap

Elliot Evans

Whitney Kelley

Hakim Lotoro

Dayzee Mayfield

Angelina Pattavina

Mara Summers

Lindsay Tierra

Mina Testolin

Dori Watanabe

Juniors

Claire Benson

Eleanor Dodge

Paige Hakari

Kenzie Harden

Hannah-Kate Kinney

Lauren Kruger

Lukes Loontjer

John Maier

Meredith Matz

Hunter McKay

Morgan Mumford

Mackenzie Wies

Seniors

Yousra Abdulrazig

Matilde Arellano

Catherine Boyce

DiAuvion Conner

Neha Khalid

Campbell Mooney

Elizabeth Robinson

Cameran Runge

Tierney Schirmer

Biruk Tewodros

Natalie Vanderloo

Mia Weisbach

Kate Groth

​ & Sara Kleinsasser

Student Council Sponsors