Senior student athletes receive Masterson award

Every year, at the Scholar-Athlete banquet, one female and one male senior are awarded with a $3,000 Masterson scholarship. The Masterson scholarship is based on achievements in all areas of academics, sport, community and leadership. This year Caroline Leibel and Jaden Kohls received the Masterson award.

Leibel will be continuing her education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in the fall.

“This award to me means that I’ve worked hard throughout high school on both athletics and academics,” Leibel said. “I’ve played 3 sports all 4 years of high school so it’s been hard to balance that with school but it’s helped me gain skills in leadership and time management. Although I’m not continuing any sports during college, receiving this award will always remind me of my hard work throughout high school. It will also always remind me to be a leader.”

Kohls will be continuing his education and playing football at Lindenwood University in Missouri.

“This award just means that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve made weren’t for nothing and that they didn’t go unnoticed,” Kohls said. “This award will help me further my education at Lindenwood while also being able to play the sport I love.”

The Masterson award will continue to honor hardworking student athletes in the future.