Library “Bookopoly” encourages students to read for enjoyment

Westside’s library tries to offer students many different opportunities to combine learning and fun. One such opportunity is the “Bookopoly”. 

Bookopoly is a version of Monopoly, where students roll a die that determines a genre; students can then choose any book in that genre to read. Once they are done, they can upload a mini review on goodreads. Prizes are given out for every five books read. Librarian Theresa Gosnell encourages students to come to the library and join online using a QR code.

“I think it’s an opportunity, especially over the summer, to get you to read where you don’t have to read books for school and you can just read books you enjoy,” Gosnell said.

One of the students who is participating is sophomore Elizabeth Grantham.

“I’m really passionate about books and when I heard about this opportunity, I thought this was going to be perfect,” Grantham said. “It was a great opportunity to read books and get a reward out of it besides the pleasure of the story itself.”

The Bookopoly is going on now and will continue through the end of August.