The Business Program HATCHed an Idea

Westside’s business program has always tried to do everything in their power to offer students the best opportunities to prepare them for a future in business. The newest opportunity available to Westside seniors is a program called HATCH. HATCH, also known as the School of Entrepreneurship, is a way for students interested in starting their own business to get first hand experience in the field their interested in. Business teacher Jeanette Kleppinger is in charge of the program.

“The School of Entrepreneurship is a chance for kids to go out and do more hands on learning” Kleppinger said.

Students, like senior Adam Folsom, are able to write and publish their own books; work with businesses to solve their problems; and even start their own business.

“I have been given a great education and materials to actually begin the process of creating my own business with my partner Nick Lamb” Folsom said.

HATCH is an opportunity for anyone thinking about a career in entrepreneurship. It can give one many opportunities with businesses around town, and creating their own business. This program can also help one stand out in future endeavors.

“Anything you can say like, ‘look what I did with my education’ is huge and that’s what we’re providing kids” Kleppinger said.

HATCH is currently a seniors only class. If you are interested in a business career, HATCH could be a great opportunity for you. For more information on the program, talk to your counselor.